lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2018

pastsimple

Image result for past simple

Present Future Past: Three years ago Yesterday Last week Last summer The Simple past is used to talk about actions that happened in the past.

2. Use of the Simple Past 

1. Actions completed in the past. Columbus sailed to America in 1498. 

My father died last year. We crossed the Channel yesterday. 

2. Actions that happened over a period of time in the past.

 John worked in Barcelona for two years. 

I kived in Rubi for ten years.

 3. Habitual or repeated actions in the past.

 When I was a child we always went to the cinema at the weekends.

 When I lived in Rubi I never visited my family.





Complete the sentences with was or were.
  1.  happy.
  2. You  angry.
  3. She  in London last week.
  4. He  on holiday.
  5. It  cold.
  6. We  at school.
  7. You  at the cinema.
  8. They  at home.
  9. The cat  on the roof.
  10. The children  in the garden.
Put the verbs into the correct form (simple past).
  1. Last year I (spend)  my holiday in Ireland.
  2. It (be)  great.
  3. (travel)  around by car with two friends and we (visit)  lots of interesting places.
  4. In the evenings we usually (go)  to a pub.
  5. One night we even (learn)  some Irish dances.
  6. We (be)  very lucky with the weather.
  7. It (not / rain)  a lot.
  8. But we (see)  some beautiful rainbows.
  9. Where (spend / you)  your last holiday?

READY FOR DOING AN ACTIVITY?

  Complete the following sentences with the past simple tense of the verb give. 
1. I ______________ (go) to the movies with Ed. 
2. She ______________ (decide) to read the story. 
3. We ______________ (hurry) up doing the quiz. 
4. They ______________ (walk) to school. 
5. Sue _____________ (play) soccer. 
 6. My dog ____________ (bury) its bone outside.

 Read the sentences, and rewrite them as negative sentences.
 1. My mom baked cookies for the party. _____________________________________
 2. Jim understood the exercise. ______________________________________ 
3. We were at the concert. ______________________________________ 
4. I was in the room with her. _______________________________________




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario